Expressions of interest for the North West Rail Linkskytrain construction contract closed today.
NSW Transport Minister GladysBerejikliansaid three groups made up of more than 20 companies lodged their interest in building the skytrain and associated surface construction works.
“There’s been interest from around Australia and overseas in this contract – just as there has been for the two other major contracts to deliver the North West Rail Link,” she said.
“The North West Rail Link project team will now evaluate the submissions and finalise a short-list of parties, which will then be invited to formally tender next year for the Surface and Viaduct Civil works contract.”
The groups which have lodged expressions of interest for SVC are:
– Abigroup Contractors Pty Ltd
– Impregilo-Salini Joint Venture: Impregilo SpA, Salini Australia Pty Ltd;
– Leighton-Rizzani de Eccher Joint Venture: Leighton Contractors Pty Ltd, Rizzani de Eccher Australia Pty Ltd
The North West Rail Link’s skytrain will run 4km from Bella Vista to Rouse Hill, with the new railway stations at Kellyville and Rouse Hill also elevated on the structure.
The SVC contract is one of three major contracts to deliver the North West Rail Link including:
– Tunnel and Station Civils (TSC) contract to build the twin 15km tunnels and underground station excavation – this contract is currently out to tender and is expected to be awarded around mid-2013;
– Surface and Viaduct Civil (SVC) contract to build the skytrain and associated civil works including embankments and cuttings for the railway; and
– Operations, Trains and Systems (OTS) contract to deliver the new-generation single deck trains, install tracks and signalling and operate the North West Rail Link – this multi-billion-dollar contract is also out to market and will be a Public Private Partnership to be awarded in 2014.
An artists impression of the future Kellyville station.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.