IT IS noteworthy that last Saturday saw the two of our heritage buildings at Franklin Village abuzz with people.
St Jame’s Church, built in 1845, hosted an audience of delighted listeners appreciating the Christmas carols sung beautifully by the competent, enthusiastic coral group Incognito.
That audience then walked across the road to Franklin House, built in 1834, where they enjoyed a Christmas afternoon tea in a garden setting.
Funds from this event are to go towards a lantern for the Cameron fountain that stands elegantly in a front lawn of the house. This fountain was erected in 1884 in Paterson Street to provide water for horses and other animals.
In 1939 it was moved to St John Street and then to Franklin House in 1964. It was restored in 2010 and awaits the completion of a light at the top.
– PAT AHEARN, Launceston.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.